tiistai 29. marraskuuta 2022

About arts and pristine being

 

About arts and pristine being


I love arts and have spent large part of my life learning them. I've studied music, calligraphy, painting and different physical modalities for decades. I love it and it is one of my greatest joys to discuss art in depth with fellow artists. However there is one limitation that arts can never overcome.


Art, in any shape or form, is dependent on itself and an artist is always bound by her chosen artform. Musician plays music, poet writes poems, painter paints paintings. There is no musician without music, no a poet without poems, nor a painter without paintings. In this way, artists are bound by their artforms and their expressions.


To me as an artist, this was a fundamental dilemma as it has been to some artists throughout history. This dilemma lead me to discover what necessarily has to preceed an artform for it to increase the artists freedom, instead of decreasing it. The limitations set by artistic expression lead me to a state of mind where pristine being is the most profound form of art and the rest follows after that.


This is the basic setting what in my teacher's tradition is called ”zen art”.