maanantai 23. elokuuta 2021

My Legacy as a Buddhist Teacher

 

My Legacy as a Buddhist Teacher


Today as I was sitting on the train I was thinking about my legacy as a buddhist teacher. Often buddhist teachers and masters they establish center/s in many countries, build stupas, temples or big buddha statues. I love all that but when I was thinking about my legacy, one meaning immediately rose above others: to help great number of my students to attain buddhahood, full enlightenment. When I say great number, I'm thinking of 100 people. I think I will be around for another 50 years so I think this goal can be realistic. If I keep reaching good student material who are ready and fit to face their inner demons without wavering, like many in our sangha now, this will be no problem.


Functionality of the Pemako method isn't a problem either, since the first one is already through. Yes, one of my students has recently attained buddhahood, exhaustion of all phenomena. I've given "weather warnings" about this since late last year and now our students have started finishing their practice.


Hundred of those... 100 mahasiddhas... Centuria mahasiddha...


Yeah, that's the kind of legacy that I want to leave.


-Kim, 23.8.2021