lauantai 25. helmikuuta 2023

Psychological diagnoses meets the Divine Mother

 

Psychological diagnoses meets the Divine Mother



Simha: I named it diagnosis shopping not only because I see other people doing it, but because that was what I was doing myself. And yes, it is not just driven by a subconscious drive to label, but by sheer desperation for an explanation and solution.

Reading your history of self-diagnosis is like reading about my own. First being convinced of bipolar, then adhd, then borderline, then back to adhd, then bipolar again, before thinking I might just be a narcissist or even antisocial (sociopath)..

Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome/trauma makes so much more sense, and also explains the chaotic, always changing nature of the symptom patterns that made it so damn difficult to figure out in the first place.

Anyway, embodied sitting and embodying Divine Mother seems to be healing it like nothing else I’ve experienced.



Baba: It is understandable that people do diagnosis shopping when one feels that life's not working. For some reason, though, I never did that. I would even say that for a long time after I found and started practicing the dharma, I didn't even take western medicine, incl. psychology at all seriously. I have since changed my view but from the moment I met the dharma, I felt so strongly that this is it, that this is the medicine to *whatever* is wrong with me or with others.


Though not at all skillfully, I have communicated this to you Simha as well since many years ago. I am sure it sounds arrogant to the reader but seeing Karl's struggles and his diagnosis shopping I felt like it was bullshit from beginning to the end, and I told him so. It must have been extremely difficult and unpleasant for him to hear that. I thought he was fooling himself. What a dangerous way to look at things... I admit that, and especially from someone like me who has very limited knowledge about these things, and yet look where we are now...


A dozen sangha members who started practicing Divine Mother as Amrita Sundari have told me it was exactly what they needed and what hits the right spot in terms of healing of trauma and whatever diagnoses they might have. I am not saying that Divine Mother practice can solve any mental/mental health problems but it clearly targets and begins to heal a whole bunch of issues that are stored in the meridian system.


And to remind the reader, I have spoken about the energetic difference between hindu and buddhist blessings for many years. They are similar yet different because they are designed differently. It's not black and white but this can definitely be stated.


To be specific, buddhist meditation is mainly focused on transforming self-based ignorance to embodied selfless wisdom. This process takes place in the so-called nadis and chakras of the subtle body, or the bhumis as they are also known. Hindu dharma and its blessings, on the other hand, are more visceral and can be felt more physically because in hinduism the separation between healing and existential wisdom (skt prajna) was never made, like it was in buddhism. Both paradigms have pros and cons but as we are discussing healing, it takes place in the meridians which is a different type of subtle body and the closest system to the physical body. That's why guru yoga with any hindu guru or Divine Mother practice, for example, have different effect than buddhist wisdom practices, be they in sutric or tantric form.