torstai 24. lokakuuta 2019

Happy fool! About Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche

Happy fool!

I first heard of Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche from the documentary Yogis of Tibet. I felt in an instant that this would someone I would like to follow but unfortunately by then he had left his body. Here is someone's brief account of this magnificient yogi. Copied from here.

I met him and have an old friend that was his student. His style of teaching in public was very simple, unsophistacted. The one I was present at he was talking about the benefits of reciting the Mani mantra. Then suddenly he sung a song going something like "I rather have a mani than a cow" and so on. I heard that when he was in Nepal up in the mountains people had a lot of faith in him a offered him big stacks of money. When it got cold in the evening he just throw them on the fire. My friend say that he talked with the protectors and asked them questions like they where present in the room. It was quite difficult to get proper teachings from him I remembered my friend said.

I also participated in a group interview that I thought was quite interesting. We presented ourself and he asked if we had any questions.
Long time practitioner: "Rinpoche, could you explain how to rest in the natural state during everyday activity?"
Drubwang Konchok Norbu Rinpoche: "I can't tell you that. First you have to find a genuine master. Then you have to apply the teaching he give you step by step. If you go around asking teachers this kind of questions, one will tell you "do like this" and an other will tell you something else and you will just get really confused and have no idea what to do."