maanantai 6. maaliskuuta 2023

How devastating samsara can be

 

How devastating samsara can be



You might save somebody’s life so that with open arms they thank you for it but they still have so low values that they’ll stab you in the back. You might save the lives of person’s parents and they still have so low values that they stab you in the back when it suits their reasoning. You might save the lives of person’s friends and yet when they stab you in the back they don’t even flinch. Imagine that.



I’ve seen it with my own eyes the past year that it is incredibly easy to find such individuals, people who’ve ”practiced” the dharma for decades, who get close to you but scheme against the very person who saved their lives, their parents and/or their friends. So dark is the mind possessed by the demon of self that with smile on his face, the Judas keeps betraying Jesus, from one era to the next.



I never thought highly of men having seen since my childhood how bad and violent the samsaric nature of man is. I’ve been reminded of this throughout my 15 years as a teacher but especially the past 1.5 years. I still cannot understand such deception, lies told straight to my face and sheer ill will coming my way. I have never and will never scheme, slander or abuse against anyone because I know and trust the flawless law of karma… Having said that having been taken advantage of and having been slandered myself, I do rejoice about the fact that the Lord of Karma sees everything, forgets nothing and delivers the lessons in due time. How poor is the situation for samsaric entities whose destinies are decided by karma? It is just but ruthless… bone breaking ruthless, like being eaten alive over and over again.



I shake my head about the dumb and bad actions of my past students and dharma friends because they do not know what kind of awful events and circumstances they’re inviting to them. Poor people… this is how you get into such bad shape that even the bodhisattvas of infinite grace and mercy keep their distance to you. No, you cannot commit bad actions and receive pure blessings, or recognize your own pure nature at the same time. How many reminders of attentiveness and karma do you need!? Will you ever listen!?



I am sad for all this because it would be better to stay sober and kind! I cannot have anything to do with these individuals anymore for some things have be sorted out by karma over a long period of time.



And yet all beings shall always be included in my prayers. One by one, over vast periods of time, individuals realize that they are buddhas… but not sooner.



-Baba, 4 March 23