tiistai 10. toukokuuta 2022

At the feet of my gurus

 

At the feet of my gurus



None of us is here forever. One day we will all die and whatever we did or didn't do in this life are just memories from the past. What we realize through dharma depends on a number of things, two of which are one's own effort applied to instructions given by one's teacher. I know that I will die one day but I have practiced well and thoroughly what my teachers and gurus taught me, and consequentially reaped the fruits of practice. For this reason, even when my body dies, I will not. I will be here, everywhere, within the reach of anyone who needs help, just like my gurus were available to me. I don't need to worry about death and or future lives because I have excellent dharmic connections that last forever, even if I voluntarily chose to take samsaric rebirth again. I have handled these connections extremely carefully and with full honesty all my life, and in return my gurus have taken care of me in a way no samsaric beings can. For this reason, even if my practice is finished, I will never stop bowing at the feet of my gurus. I will always be there to make sure that their kindness is matched with my service.


Kim Rinpoche, 10.5.2022