keskiviikko 4. toukokuuta 2022

It's the Same Mind, Be It Day or Night

 

It's the Same Mind, Be It Day or Night


Your issue is with emptiness realization not being complete. Besides, as you know I don't emphasize sleep and dream yoga exactly because, like you and many other students tell me their lifestyles are way too hectic, they often have too little sleep and develop insomnia. Our city lifestyle is not suitable for sleep yoga and this is why I don't emphasize it. It is perfectly possible to come to buddhahood without ever practicing sleep and dream yoga because when emptiness realization is complete it covers the whole mind. Both, the mind during the day and the mind during the night is the same mind! Having lucid dreams is great but from the point of view of the main practice, which is sunyata meditation, they aren't more beneficial or useful than being lucid during thoughts and daydreams. Only if some of my students had perfectly balanced and healthy lifestyle, I can recommend dream and sleep yoga but otherwise my advice is to perfect it all from the waking state.


KR